Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Vokes really a Canadian?

According to my birth certificate,I was born in Florida-that's been a fact my whole life- but there are apparently those who believe my "true" origins began in the Great White North!

Awhile ago i was searching the net for something about my old character Eagle and i happened on a Amsterdam based site - Lambiek.net -that lists comic creators, with a bio and some art.

Even tho I hate reading about myself-ahem-i read the short bio and was surprised to see this:

"Neil Vokes has been active in the comics field since the mid-1980s ... Born in Canada, Neil has been living in New Jersey for more than 50 years.

I wrote them to correct this misinformation-well,that has not been changed yet apparently but hey-i don't mind-that I'm mentioned at all pleases me...;o)

Then-today on Facebook a fellow artist, Ronn Sutton-who IS Canadian-told me about a book he got from the library: "INVADERS FROM THE NORTH: How Canada Conquered The Comic Book Universe" and he asked if i was Canadian because I'm LISTED IN THE BOOK!

Heck-maybe I am Canadian and never knew it, eh?

...and the legend grows...;o)

2 comments:

Miklós Felvidéki said...

Maybe you have an evil twin.

Neil D Vokes said...

Or...maybe...I'M the evil twin...heeheehee...;o)